Working Visit To Petronas's Refinery Plant In Sungai Udang, Melaka
On 27th September 2016, the Johor Port Authority (JPA) Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), Operations Traffic Unit has organised a working visit to Petronas' Refinery Plant in Sungai Udang, Melaka. The purpose of this working visit is to further understand the handling of health and occupational safety in the petroleum and petrochemical industry. This is in preparation for Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex and Petronas RAPID which is currently under construction.
The working visit was attended by:
The objectives of this working visit are as follows:
- To enhance level of professionalism, skills, service quality and productivity of Johor Port Authority.
- To learn the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in handling liquid bulk cargo such as crude oil, liquefied petroleum gas, gasoline, diesel and naphtha
- To understand safety aspects (Dangerous Cargo, Fire and Marine) and level of Safety and Health at the refinery plant and jetty
- To identify suitable procedure to be implemented in enhancing the effectiveness of ERP (Emergency Response Plant)
- To foster better working relations between the terminal and port for the development of both parties
The Telekom Malaysia for Johor Bahru Branch staffs were also participated in this working visit.